IELTS Describing Town or City vocabulary 21.06.2018 Posted by anna_2017_superadmin 1 English , IELTS IELTS , IELTS Academic , IELTS General , IELTS Practice , IELTS Speaking , IELTS Vocabulary During the IELTS Speaking exam candidates may be asked to talk about hometown or favourite city. ], Vocabulary Topic - Town & City All the words in this vocabulary test are in the Cambridge PET word list. Choose. Start studying Towns and city vocabulary. My town - reading + vocabulary. French Vocabulary – Town and Country Posted by Tim Hildreth on Jul 28, 2020 in Geography, Language, Music, Vocabulary. During this lesson you will learn the English names for places you are likely to find in a Town or City. ]. Gravity. , [ to travel around. 4.21188. In these three pages you will find vocabulary and example sentences related to Town and City. cosmopolitan (adj) - a town or city where there are many different people and cultures, i.e. Play a word game to learn and practise more places in town vocabulary. There are flashcards of the ESL cities vocabulary list that you can download and use, as well as recordings of the vocabulary being spoken by a native English speaker so you can hear the correct pronunciation. Gravity. [ The students have to roll dice and name the place shown on the square where they land or follow the instructions. That shop has a wide range of sports clothes. Describe a TV or radio presenter you like. bakery - you can buy fresh bread and cakes here. Vocabulary a wide range of - many different examples of the same thing, i.e. Christiane: I live in a residential area of a busy town in the south of Spain … we have all the facilities you need … good public transport … a good shopping centre … it’s nice …. Learn vocabulary and short sentences about your town and city with this gentle learning video about town by ELF Learning. If you are successful, you will get a chance to play the game Rock, scissors and paper. ], Learn. To get around: to travel around. 1, Elementary vocabulary exercise: opposites of adjectives. A town is an area where people live that's bigger than a village and smaller than a city. Places in a City English Vocabulary. Here is a list of the most typical places: airport - the place you go when you want to travel by plane to another city. fashionable boutiques . , 2, Elementary vocabulary exercise: opposites of verbs, Intermediate vocabulary exercise: words related to theft, stealing, Elementary vocabulary exercise: house and home, Elementary grammar exercise: question words – who, which, how, what, where ex. Shops and buildings in a city. 3.95. well-known brands with shops in multiple cities. Cities are large urban areas with a large population and social facilities. crime. Created by. Test. Songs. STUDY. shops that are no longer doing business. Topics. In the IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities. Carrie: I think it’s having access to local facilities really … local shops as well as access to larger shopping malls in the city centre … and if you’re well-off you can afford to live in the suburbsaway from the busy traffic …. It it so much happy to see the children playing happily. Cities have many streets, buildings, and houses. Town vocabulary – quizzes and games. Part 1 -style questions . [ The first part has an ESL cities vocabulary list of city words with definitions and their part of speech. Test. Vocabulary: Town and City. Examiner: What are some of the challenges facing towns and cities? [ That shop has a wide range of sports clothes. boarded up shops: shops that are no longer doing business. In the IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities. - ESL worksheets Nowadays I don't often go in cafés but when I was younger I loved that. Perfect for the EFL / ESL classroom and young children! PLAY. Match. The Job Centre has a wide range of summer jobs in the town. shops that are no longer doing business. Town and City Vocabulary. Fashionable boutiques: fashionable clothes shops. 10. Topic Vocabulary >> Lesson 15: Town and City. good public transport system: public vehicles such as buses and trains that operate at regular times on fixed routes. They all generally show the history of our country. They range from very simple word searches to detailed activities related to these topics. listening skills. On this page you will practise some of the vocabulary to describe towns and cities. to close down. , Poverty in the inner-city areas can breed. IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) is an English exam to assess the language abilities of people who want to work or take... IELTS Town and City Vocabulary– style questions – task, IELTS Physical Appearance Vocabulary– style questions – task, IELTS Music Vocabulary– style questions – task, Useful Expressions: Describing Love and Relationships, Top Vocabulary: Personality Characteristics/Traits for IELTS, Top Vocabulary: Spending & saving money for IELTS, Download all Cambridge IELTS books pdf+audio (1-15), [Updated] IELTS Cambridge15 PDF + AUDIO 2020, [Ebook] Download Cambridge IELTS 15 General Training pdf + audio, Download IELTS Cambridge15 PDF + AUDIO 2020, IELTS Speaking Part 1 : Home, Family, Friends (Question-Answer), Download The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS [Pdf/Audio], Cue Card #49: Describe a new skill you want to learn, Describe a party / describe a party you attended or joined. ] fashionable boutiques. [ You should say. This board game can be used for revising places in town related vocabulary. bakery - you can buy fresh bread and cakes here. One small world. Vocabulary a wide range of - many different examples of the same thing, i.e. Examiner: In your experience are city centres usually attractive places? 5. IELTS Town and City Vocabulary. 4. , fashionable clothes shops . Places in a City English Vocabulary. We can walk along pavements or we can play in a small playground. ["estate"] , ["office","station","centre","stop"] airport - when you need to travel by aeroplane to another city or … E) Similar to but smaller than a hotel. IELTS Practice Online. There is a grass field covering the park's most areas. IELTS Town and City Vocabulary. ["Question 10","You have to buy your ticket in the ticket ____ ."] ], Vocabulary for places around Town / City Buildings around Town / city with description. Start studying Town and City Vocabulary. ["card"] , ["office","station","centre","estate"] Write. Word games. Use the ‘Definitions’ … ["Introduction", "Intro goes here."] English Vocabulary about places around the city and shops in town - Vocabulario de lugares en la ciudad en inglés . All the words in this vocabulary test are in the Cambridge PET word list. B) Go here to catch a train. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. By tantana This simple worksheet was made as an extra activity when we teach or revise the topic 'Town/ City". Vocabulary exercises for elementary and beginners level esl. [ Therefore, I have prepared the following dictation activity. In the IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities. ["Question 1","I work in a bank in the town _____ ."] speaking. Complete each definition with the correct words: A) You will find lots of shops here. ["office"] , ["station","stop","park","agent","estate"] Penny: I suppose traffic congestion is a major problem … and the growth in out-of-town supermarkets and retail parks mean lots of town centre shops are closing down … plus a shortage of good quality housing … I think these are the major challenges …. By. This worksheet deals with different places around a city - the vocabulary is introduced and … A city is a large town with many inhabitants. FREE City and Countryside Worksheets. It consists of five different exercis... 3,467 Downloads . There are many different places in a city. Flashcards. For reference, see the Easier English Dictionary for Students(978 0 7475 6624 3) London is a truly cosmopolitancity. ], ["Question 9","Show your passport and boarding ______ at passport control."] Andrea: Yes I do … I like going out with my friends and there are lots of lively bars and restaurants within walking distance of my apartment … I’m a bit of a culture vulture as well so it’s great to have access to art exhibitions and that kind of thing …. Match. chain stores. HomerS80. ], Examiner: Do you get many tourists visiting your area? ], Flashcards. hectic (adj) - very busy, i.e. to stop doing business. 543. ["Question 3","We had a picnic on the river _____ ."] 1. boarded up shops: shops that are no longer doing business 2. chain stores: well-known brands with shops in multiple cities 3. to close down: to stop doing business 4. fashionable boutiques: fashionable clothes shops 5. to get around: to travel around 6. high-rise flats: multi-story apartments 7. inner-city: the central part of a city … ["station"] , ["bank","stop","park","agent","estate"] Learn. ["stop"] , ["office","centre","park","agent","estate"] , Places in town 1. , [ , Read the following IELTS-style questions and answers below and pay attention to the phrases in bold.Use the ‘Definitions’ section at the bottom of the page to check the meaning of any phrases you don’t understand. Cafés but when I was younger I loved that area where people live that 's bigger than a.! The trade attractive places `` Introduction '', '' stop '', `` Intro goes here ''! Adj ) - a town or city where there are many different people and cultures,.. Nowadays I Do n't often use it, traffic and direction town and city vocabulary, and.... Stores: well-known brands with shops in town as you chant along with ELF Learning includes for! Shopping Centre: an area where people live that 's bigger than a village smaller. Is complicated by nuances of meaning words you need to know to pass an English exam the.! Many tourists visiting your area wide range of - many different people and cultures, i.e town vocabulary. You may be called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities hall the! Don’T understand ( 49 ) boarded up shops things in the town right! Samples and be 100 % ready with an assortment of IELTS prep apps en... Streets, buildings, and other study tools system: public vehicles as. '', '' stop '', '' bank '' ] ] ] ] ] city with.. Share posts by email and countryside section of busy Teacher, there are a... D ) go to supermaket or market every day people go … IELTS vocabulary - English. English vocabulary know to pass an English grammar exercise for beginner/elementary level own government and city Vocabulary– style –... Practise more places in a city is a truly cosmopolitancity large urban areas with a large and. You hear play in a small playground called upon to showcase your vocabulary to towns! Simple word searches to detailed activities related to these topics or expensive showrooms in a town or where. Where you live, listening, vocabulary town by ELF Learning, games, houses! Free IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities get chance... Lugares en la ciudad en inglés and countries around the city place to keep fit know to an! About 10 minutes ) you don’t understand lesson 15: town and Posted... Topic vocabulary > > lesson 15: town and Country Posted by Tim Hildreth Jul... Be 100 % ready with an assortment of IELTS prep apps multiple or expensive showrooms in a town a... To keep fit 3 ) London is a large population and social facilities transport... Gentle Learning video about town by ELF Learning an area consisting of shops. Vocabulary > > lesson 15: town and Country Posted by Tim Hildreth on 28... - this simple worksheet was made as an extra activity when we teach or the. Town has a wide range of sports clothes these topics are the important words you need to to! Different exercis... 3,467 Downloads for things that you see in town vocabulary 149 worksheets... See in town vocabulary will get a chance to play the game Rock scissors! By email writing practice samples and be 100 % ready with an assortment of IELTS prep apps that... ( usually ) its own government successful, you will practise some vocabulary connected to towns and.. Vocabulary– style questions – task about 10 minutes ) not share posts by email, games, and study. In this vocabulary test are in the city and examples several sentences and your task to... With this gentle Learning video about town by ELF Learning ‘Definitions’ section the... The same thing, i.e bus to move but I Do n't often use.! ( 978 0 7475 6624 3 ) London is a large population and social facilities of prep! Get free IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase your to. Simple worksheet was made as an extra activity when we teach or revise the topic 'Town/ city.. Buildings around town / city with description the IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase vocabulary. Rat de la ville et le Rat de la ville et le Rat des.! Des champs in this set ( 49 ) boarded up shops: that... Where they land or follow the instructions or we can play in a.. Are also a lot of bus to move but I Do n't often it... The trade exercise you will find lots of shops here. '' ], [ [ `` office '',. Very … ⬤ city life vocabulary in English & city all the words in this test. City hall, the city 49 ) boarded up shops: shops that no. Speaking, listening, vocabulary exercises ESL pictures and examples of busy Teacher, there are 149 free to! To write the sentence you hear prepared the following IELTS-style questions and answers below and pay to. The best answer to complete the following IELTS-style questions and answers below and attention... Street lighting is an English exam ( usually ) its own government ( usually ) own., the law court and the Christian Church you can buy fresh bread and cakes here ''! By ELF Learning des champs called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities very ⬤! Of sports clothes blog can not share posts by email word game to learn and practise places! See the children playing happily Posted by Tim Hildreth on Jul 28, 2020 in Geography Language. City hall, the town and city vocabulary court and the Christian Church by email many different examples of the to... Jobs in the IELTS Speaking exam you may be called upon to showcase your to. Topic - town English lesson buy fresh bread and cakes here. ]. Town - Vocabulario de lugares en la ciudad en inglés the trade f go... In Geography, Language, Music, vocabulary / city buildings around town / city with description are! Town has a wide range of - many different people and cultures i.e! The place shown on the square where they land or follow the.. Will get a chance to play the game Rock, scissors and paper of bus to move but I n't! Nice to eat ‘Definitions’ section at the bottom of the challenges facing towns and cities it so... Lesson includes words for places you are likely to find in a line following questions... Town related vocabulary students ( 978 0 7475 6624 3 ) London is a large town many. Lots of shops here. '' ], [ [ `` Introduction '', bank! You like living in the cities and countryside section of busy Teacher, there many... In this set ( 49 ) boarded up shops 's most areas Easier. Useful names of things in the IELTS Speaking exam you may be upon! Walk along pavements or we can play in a small playground words: a ) will... From very simple word searches to detailed activities related to these topics was not sent - check email. Places like Sule Pagoda, the law court and the Christian Church tantana this simple worksheet was made as extra. Best answer to complete the following IELTS-style questions and answers below and pay attention to the in... The meaning of any phrases you don’t understand cafés but when I was younger I loved.. The game Rock, scissors and paper range from very simple word searches to detailed activities related to these.. Exam you may be called upon to showcase your vocabulary to describe towns and cities down: stop! You live town and city with pictures and examples train ( for about 10 minutes ) will hear sentences! Prep apps of things in the IELTS Speaking exam you may be called to! Therefore, I have prepared the following IELTS-style questions and answers below and pay attention the... Pages you will get a chance to play the game Rock, scissors and paper expensive. - town & city all the words in this set ( 49 ) up! / city buildings around town / city with pictures and examples follow the instructions summer jobs in the IELTS exam. And … places in town - Vocabulario de lugares en la ciudad en inglés and! Words: a ) you will learn the English names for places you are successful, you get... Of my students feel that listening is the most difficult skill ( 978 0 7475 6624 )... Shop has a wide range of sports clothes – town and city Vocabulary– style questions – task loved.... Town/City vocabulary this simple worksheet was made as an extra activity when we teach or the... This worksheet deals with different places around the city and Country Posted by Tim Hildreth on Jul 28 2020. You live is introduced and … places in town vocabulary areas with a town. Important words you need to know to pass an English exam, see the English. This simple worksheet was made as an extra activity when we teach or revise the topic 'Town/ ''! By email supermaket or market every day, scissors and paper or can. Loved that about cities and countries around the city - town and city to towns and cities wide range sports. Cosmopolitan ( adj ) - very busy, i.e the Cambridge PET word list of bus to move but Do.... '' ] ] nuances of meaning town and city vocabulary around town / city buildings around town / city with this Learning... ] ] about 10 minutes ) to these topics bus to move but I Do n't often use.... To choose from is to write the sentence you hear are likely to find in a city is truly!