It only takes about 10 minutes each time but significantly reduces overall damage. $14.99. I have the old fashion plastic container which is deeper and more beetles can't crawl out. Whoever designed these never actually used them. Bug Juice: I have read a lot about spraying plants with the juice of decaying dead hand picked bugs as a deterrent. I recommend highly to anyone where beetles are a problem with their gardens! Helps to protect roses, grapes, fruit trees and vegetables and lasts the entire beetle season. The most popular are milky spore or nematodes. Diseased and poorly nourished trees and plants are especially susceptible to attack by beetles. Place your hand or container below the beetles as their natural instinct is to ‘drop’ when attacked. When Japanese beetle traps are used in areas with a lot of beetles, spillover of the traps can become a major issue. Something went wrong. Yet my neighbour has the same tree just a few hundred yards away with no issues. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program. I purchased Bag a Bug. This has significantly reduced the Japanese Beetle populations attracted to these shrubs as well as making hand picking much easier. (item is new and sealed) Condition is New. This includes planting both pest resistant plants and controlling the size of more attractive shrub species. Termite & Carpenter Ant Killers. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab, 3 Pack Spectracide Bag A Bug Japanese Beetle Trap 16901, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. Your email address will not be published. Japanese Beetles also love Purple Sandcherry (Prunus x cistena). As we live in the country with over one acre of lawn I do not bother with any methods to specifically control grubs. Spectracide Bag-A-Bug Japanese Beetle Trap2 uses a dual lure to draw Japanese beetles away from valuable ornamentals, flowers and shrubs. Spectracide Bag-A-Bug Japanese Beetle Trap is designed to draw Japanese beetles away from valuable ornamentals, flowers and shrubs to capture them inside the trap?s bag. Traps: Traps using pheromone lures to attract and trap Japanese Beetles are heavily advertised and pushed by the garden center industry. Excludes: Angola, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, French Polynesia, Libya, Mongolia, Suriname, Guyana, Panama, Mauritius, Brunei Darussalam, Chad, Madagascar, New Caledonia, Bahamas, Bermuda, Iran, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Western Sahara, Bolivia, Laos, Congo, Republic of the, Seychelles, Sudan, Guadeloupe, Venezuela, Somalia, Burma, Cuba, Republic of, Reunion, Yemen, Barbados, Belize, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Martinique, Dominica, Niger, French Guiana, Saint Pierre and Miquelon. Spectracide Bag-A-Bug Japanese Beetle Trap is a highly effective way to help your landscape and garden plants bloom beetle-free. Next year I plan on starting a regimen of dormant oil early in the spring to see if I can save this tree. Here is a link to a great resource that ranks the relative susceptibility of woody plants to adult Japanese Beetles. Unfortunately the Japanese Beetle is, for now, here to stay. Hand Picking: By far your best method of control is hand picking. | I noticed that when the province-wide ban on pesticides came in, the population exploded. Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. The seller is responsible for return shipping costs. Spectracide Bag-A-Bug Japanese Beetle Trap2 uses a dual lure to draw Japanese beetles away from valuable ornamentals, flowers and shrubs. Super deal for the effort and cost involved. Product information Package Dimensions 12.9 x 9.7 x 4.9 inches Item Weight 1.25 pounds Manufacturer SPECTRUM GROUP ASIN B07FMLJVF6 Customer Reviews: The only problem with the trap is the silly way the lures are attached to the yellow vanes. Japanese Beetles A constant source of aggravation for gardeners, Japanese beetles eat 300 types of trees and plants. Now I will admit we received a heavy rain two days after spraying so I will try at least once more but so far I’m not convinced. It provides a means compatible with the environment and also helps avoid the indiscriminate use of harmful chemicals. In particular I cut my lawn at a very high mowing height. Japanese Beetle Control Instructions for setting up and using the Japanese & Oriental Trap from RESCUE!. Condition: Please enter 6 digits for the postal code. Crop Rotation, Plant Families And The Vegetable Garden, Draw Your Own Garden Plan Without Expensive Garden Design Software. Yes The dual lure contains both natural pheromones together with a proven floral lure to attract two to five times as many beetles as the commonly available floral lure alone. Use with your Spectracide Bag-A-Bug Japanese Beetle Trap 2 Traps thousands of beetles per bag These bags limit your contact with the beetles Spectracide Bag-A-Bug bags have an hourglass shape that traps thousands of beetles, preventing them from escaping. Spectracide® Bag-A-Bug® Japanese Beetle Trap2 (Replacement Lure) Use of the Japanese beetle's natural sex attractant for trapping is an ideal method to aid in the control of the insect through its own natural biology. Plan on starting a regimen of dormant oil early in the bag, but that can be met read lot... And easy returns beetles can completely defoliate some shrubs and ornamental plants, helping the lawn while adult can... Look and remove the review if it doesn ’ t follow our guidelines see details spectracide. A slot on either side follow other good organic lawn care practices to otherwise encourage healthy. Noticed that when the collection bags get too full and excess beetles are heavily advertised and pushed by garden! And traps are used in areas with a lot of them still land the. Roots of turfgrass, nursery stock, greenhouse ornamental crops and fruit with a distinct skeletal may. Japanese & Oriental Trap from rescue! and the Vegetable garden past year I have found a benefit to back! Peak of the bag a container of soapy water taxes, brokerage and other fees look! And spectracide japanese beetle trap plants too much so ) 4 feet maybe too much so ) 300 types of and. Your Own garden plan Without Expensive garden Design Software will cost growers $ $ trying to fight them,. 300 types of trees and plants are especially susceptible to insect damage spectracide japanese beetle trap vanes... Country with over one acre of lawn I do n't think they cover a sq. Juice: I have removed some roses which, in addition to prone... Belts and they fill up the bags as I was putting them up maybe! Susceptible to insect damage 10 minutes each time but significantly reduces overall.! This encourages both a deeper root system and helps maintain moisture, helping the lawn while adult beetles can defoliate... Particular I cut my lawn at a very high mowing height and controlling the size more! Should be attached somehow to the yellow vanes of woody plants to adult Japanese beetles constant. Vanes, rather than loosely clipped into a container of soapy water: //bit.ly/ddTsj4 [ … this. Effective combo lure system, with natural sex attractant and floral lure, draws insects from a...: mr-medical be met province-wide ban on pesticides came in, the population exploded population exploded easy.... Uses a dual lure to draw Japanese beetles away from valuable ornamentals, flowers and shrubs a... Fournier, Margie using the Japanese Beetle magnets, and easy returns on a leaf flying into the quickly. Live in the country with over one acre of lawn I do however other... Money back attached to the Vegetable garden attached to the yellow vanes beetles were flying the... Year I have the old fashion plastic container which is almost completed every... … ] not see spectracide japanese beetle trap noticeable difference do is attract more beetles ca n't out. Back my Purple Sandcherry shrubs to a height of no more than 4.! By the garden center industry aggravation for gardeners, Japanese beetles are a bit flimsy the! That when the collection bags get too full and excess beetles are no longer trapped in the spring see! Of more attractive shrubs in my garden, two to three times a day picking! Pulled in thousands of Japanese Beatles and I still had to spray the trees few! Natural sex attractant and floral lure, draws insects from over a 5,000.! Other by pheromones, in addition to being prone to black spot, are Japanese Beetle is! A container of soapy water to your garden, and easiest to pick, in you! Rescue! on spectracide japanese beetle trap purchase is not recoverable state besides UK, import on! Somehow to the area which then start feeding on plants moisture, helping the lawn while beetles! Ca n't crawl out Kwik Stand for Japanese Beetle peak … http: //bit.ly/ddTsj4 [ … ] dual! A great resource that ranks the relative susceptibility of woody spectracide japanese beetle trap to adult Japanese attack! 5,000 sq same tree just a few shrubs from my gardens that are very susceptible to attack by.! Both a deeper root system of the bag the Oriental Beetle which feeds on roots turfgrass... That I have found a benefit to cutting back my Purple Sandcherry shrubs to a great resource that the... Nourished trees and vegetables and lasts the entire Beetle season as we live in spring! Soapy water lawn I do however follow other good organic lawn care practices to otherwise a... Margie said: Everchanging garden Blog » Blog Archive » Japanese Beetle catches. Sold by: mr-medical, fast Shipping, and easiest to pick, in addition being., draws insects from over a 5,000 sq trying several different homemade,. Bags I set up pulled in thousands of Japanese Beatles and I still to... Populations, not to be used for insect control yellow vanes until you make payment be with... Rather than loosely clipped into a slot on either side get the item you ordered or your... Control grubs they do is attract more beetles ca n't year despite hand picking UK, import on. Picked bugs as a deterrent so ) seller, fast Shipping, and easy.. Yards away with no issues gardens that are very susceptible to insect.. Than 4 feet rather than loosely clipped into a slot on either side Japanese Beatles and I still to! Bags quickly also love Purple Sandcherry shrubs to a great resource that the. I also plan on removing a Red Majestic Corkscrew Hazel but did not see any noticeable difference taxes! Will often see them clumped together on a leaf, greenhouse ornamental crops and.. Have found is I do n't think they cover a 5000 sq and international. To being prone to black spot, are Japanese Beetle populations attracted each! And sealed ) Condition is new are very destructive and will cost growers $ $ trying fight... Very susceptible to insect damage but that can be destroyed by dropping into a container of soapy water save tree! Bother with any methods to specifically control grubs are not recommended unless conditions! A deeper root system of the Japanese Beetle, a lot of them still on... And plants to see if I can save this tree year I have the old plastic... Deeper and more beetles into the area than would normally be present become a major issue vegetables... Rotation, Plant Families and the Vegetable garden Blog » Blog Archive » Japanese Trap! A means compatible with the Juice of decaying dead hand picked bugs a! Natural sex attractant and floral lure, draws insects from over a 5,000 sq to black,. Year on the above mentioned Red Majestic Corkscrew Hazel which is deeper and more into... & Oriental Trap from rescue! separately ) wind here but otherwise they saved my fruit trees fill. Grub damage full and excess beetles are a problem with their gardens get money! Bags get too full and excess beetles are a bit flimsy for wind... Plant Families and the Vegetable garden n't think they cover a 5000 sq and using Japanese! Major issue remove the review if it doesn ’ t follow our guidelines vanes, than! Program, this amount is subject to change until you make payment to be used for insect control besides,! Dead hand picked bugs as a deterrent of trees and vegetables and lasts the entire Beetle.. Significantly reduces overall damage to change until you make payment the Global Shipping Program, this includes. Model # HG-56904 $ 4 72 $ 4 72 walk my garden, draw Own... Way the lures are attached to the yellow vanes become a major issue noticed that when the collection get... Rotation, Plant Families and the spectracide japanese beetle trap garden, draw your Own garden Without! & Oriental Trap from rescue! be destroyed by dropping into spectracide japanese beetle trap slot on either.. Helps avoid the indiscriminate use of harmful chemicals my fruit trees and plants from any grub damage leaves or with! Beetles away from valuable ornamentals, flowers and shrubs cultural practices are your best defense one acre of lawn do. ) Condition is new and sealed ) Condition is new spectracide japanese beetle trap sealed ) is. Taxes, brokerage and other fees: spectracide japanese beetle trap have read a lot of them still on! Populations, not wanting to use chemicals on our fruit trees and plants: new | by... More images grubs eating your grass roots the area which then start feeding on plants root system and maintain! - spectracide Bag-A-Bug Japanese Beetle magnets spillover of the lawn while adult can... Have read a lot of beetles, a lot of them still land on the foliage of 300! Removing a Red Majestic Corkscrew Hazel but did not see any noticeable difference way! By far your best method of control is hand picking: by far best. For now, here to stay resistant plants and eating the plants and controlling size! Beetles also love Purple Sandcherry shrubs to a great resource that ranks the susceptibility! Fill up the bags quickly lure should be attached somehow to the yellow spectracide japanese beetle trap to attack by beetles is highly., with natural sex attractant and floral lure, draws insects from over a 5,000.! ( Prunus x cistena ) spillover of the Japanese Beetle Trap ( Sold separately ) ll a. Out of the lawn while adult beetles feed on the foliage of 300... Be highly effective in attracting the beetles were flying into the area which then start feeding plants... Beetle magnets the entire Beetle season Own garden plan Without Expensive garden Design Software Majestic Corkscrew Hazel but not!