I recently took my children to Hardy Lake for a 3 night camping trip. Make a Donation: To make a donation and help the mission of the Dwight Chamberlain Raptor Center, visit … Showers & bathrooms were great! Hardy Lake needs work on enforcing their quiet time and making sure they keep their campsites and campers safe. Thanks! water skiing, tubing, fishing & just enjoying the water. Open all year. Building capacity restrictions are in place. © Queens Printer for Ontario, 2020 The second night was only slightly better. For a larger, more open camping with more space and less crowding I would suggest our Class A Family Campground. The Raptor Center is not regularly open to the public. Very easy & nice for families. There are no facilities at this Park. Welcome Back to Indiana State Parks - YOU Are Our Partners in Safety! However, DNR drove by several more times and said nothing to him. A must destination if you like the outdoors! Picnic shelters are available for use (rentals not available). Most of the sites are flat and shaded, some are open to the sun. Do you want to know the entry ticket price for Hardy Lake? There is a raptor display near the park office that has 2 raptors you can look at. We value all of our visitors and want to you come away with wonderful memories. The Park is located well off the beaten track and resupplying will be much easier when the camp store is up and running. Compared to other conservation areas in the region, Hardy Lake is pretty small. Beginning June 1, backcountry camping and day-use will be permitted in non-operating provincial parks and conservation reserves where these activities are normally available. The best camp site in Shale Bluff is 122. Opening & closing timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to see on your visit to Hardy Lake? View campsite map, availability, and reserve online with ReserveAmerica. The park is open in the summer for hiking and winter for snowshoeing – but during the day only. Hardy Lake is owned and operated by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) which keeps the pool elevation maintained throughout the year. This activity is not available in the winter. Reservation and check-in procedures may be temporarily modified at this location. Which have now become state record size, however I prefer bluegill, crappie and bass. The best campsite in the park is 160. If you need an alternative accessible format of this content, please contact us. Our noisy neighbors were still there along with some newcomers. You can get to the trails by skirting the campsite, but some campers might think this is intrusive. With a passion for providing a great camping experience for people, brothers Alex and Colton Hardy of Motley are getting ready to open “Hardy’s Lake in the Woods RV Resort.” Located less than a mile from Highway 10 and deep in the woods, they are building an RV site they are certain campers will enjoy. The beach was also very nice. to the lake for kayaking. Hardy Lake is the only DNR property with a raptor rehabilitation center. There are 2 campgrounds. Some of our trails are not ready for hiking. 7.3K likes. 122 is large & you have a buffer from your neighbors. It is located four miles east of Austin, Indiana and 35 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Building capacity restrictions are in place. The primitive is Wooster. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. This was all very irritating to say the least. Our security logs do note this date and individual but there was no illegal activity noted. This is a boating destination. Hardy Lake Hardy Lake, originally named Quick Creek Reservoir, is an Indiana state reservoir in Scott and Jefferson counties, Indiana. , Another great Indiana State Park in southern Indiana, just east of Scottsburg. We realize the primitive, $12 per night, campground where you were staying can be a little cramped, especially near a holiday or on weekends but it does offer beautiful views of the Lake and is very popular. I recently took my children to Hardy Lake for a 3 night camping trip. We had never been to Hardy Lake before and my first impression was that it was a great little campground and lake. My wife and I look forward to future visits in this beautiful setting. As we mentioned, parking is free but the lot is quite small. He has written songs for Florida Georgia Line, Chris Lane, Blake Shelton, Dallas Smith, and Morgan Wallen.He has released one album for Big Loud Records: A Rock, as well as the mixtape Hixtape, Vol. This is a boating destination. The bath houses were very clean and the staff friendly. Would you recommend this place or activity to a friend looking for an, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Is this a place or activity you would go to on a, 4171 E Harrod Rd, Scottsburg, IN 47170-8438, Hardy Lake is a state recreational area near Scottsburg, Indiana. There are no camp sites on the water, but in 122 you get a peek of the lake through the trees. ... For a larger, more open camping with more space and less crowding I would suggest our Class A Family Campground. About Fishing Reports for Hardy Lake near Austin. Contact the park for additional information. The open house runs from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Hardy Lake … The Naturalists often do programming for schools, scout groups, camps, churches, and private events. The DNR came and talked to him at one point and I heard the guy say that he would leave soon. Hardy Lake has a 740 acre lake with great fishing and it allows water skiing. Hotels near Scott County Heritage Center and Museum, Hotels near Pigeon Roost State Historic Site, Scott County Heritage Center and Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Pigeon Roost State Historic Site: Tickets & Tours‎. My husband & I liked it a lot. water, snacks, mask/face covering, and hand sanitizer). On trail 3 there's a pioneer cemetery. #VirtualINStatePark The Raptor Center at Hardy Lake is not regularly open to the public. I would recommend getting reservations if you'll be there for the weekend. Hardy Lake State Park, Scottsburg: See 28 reviews, articles, and 34 photos of Hardy Lake State Park, ranked No.3 on Tripadvisor among 5 attractions in Scottsburg. Trails 2,3,4 can be made into one big loop. The trails surround Hardy Lake and even touch parts of Lake Muskoka. Was home on break from work and decided to take a quick flight at Hardy Lake dam in Indiana. 119,120,123, & 125 were also good. Some sites had an incline. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. The wildlife are a wonderful array of everything Indiana has to offer. For your safety, please respect trail closure signs. Vault privies include washroom facilities that may or may not include flush toilets and running water for hand washing. We plan on bringing a paddle boat, but we have never been to hardy lake. This center cares for injured birds of prey (raptors) and educates visitors about Indiana’s hawks, owls, falcons and vultures. An entrance fee MAY be charged to enter the park. It's small compared to other SRA, but it's very popular! Hardy Lake is a state recreational area near Scottsburg, Indiana. Let's face it, there's a lot we can learn and share from one another like what bait or lure is generating the best results. The park has a rich community of Atlantic coastal plain species. Both campgrounds are open year round with electric available at each site in Shale Bluff Campground. However, we still think it’s worth a visit. The lake has gone through several up's and down's. Deer, turkey, osprey, eagles, vultures, raccoons, opossum, squirrels, ducks, geese...etc. The lake is open to boating and fishing and has four public access ramps. Please note winter activities are weather dependent, please check the Ontario Parks Ski Report or local weather forecasts for snow conditions. Hardy Lake, Scottsburg, Indiana. Hardy Lake 4171 E. Harrod Road Scottsburg, IN 47170 See On Map Phone 812-794-3800 Website stateparks.in.gov Hours of Operation. We camped in a pop-up and there are many large wooded. The park offers a fantastic beach, primitive and modern camping that is very nice. A detailed fishing report for the Hardy Lake will make the difference between a good fishing here and a bad one. HARDY LAKE: Hardy Lake is an “undiscovered gem “in the lakes area of central Minnesota. Our goal is for everyone to enjoy their visit. Reservations are strongly recommended to ensure you secure a campsite. One of the newcomers drove his truck up to the water spicket and started pulling all his belonging out of the truck and washing it out. Trail 5 is .64 miles one way from the campground to the beach. It's pretty sad when you have to leave a campsite because you don't feel safe. It was obvious by the way he was acting that he was on drugs. Please choose a different date. Winter equipment rentals are available but operating at reduced capacity. Join Facebook to connect with Hardy Lake and others you may know. Find Hardy Lake camping, campsites, cabins, and other lodging options. Trail 5/6 is the shorter of the 2. The Interpretive Staff at Hardy Lake travels throughout the State of Indiana with permanently-injured birds of prey. Some areas within the museum may remain temporarily closed. It has hiking trails, beach, picnic area, and 2 campgrounds. Hardy Lake was constructed in accordance with I felt the lake when it was weedy was at it's peak. Our third night there, most of the other campers had left. Lake Hardy will appear to your right, now … A few clean and spacious bath houses conveniently located. If you ever have trouble with after hours noise please report that to our around the clock security patrol or to the gate house attendant. Location: About 19 kilometres west of Gravenhurst; accessible via Highway 169. Please follow information signs posted at the park. Comfort stations include washroom facilities with flush toilets and hand washing facilities. Lake Hardy (9,900') is slightly off-route, but makes another good camping option. We had reservations for Saturday through Tuesday. Postpone your visit if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to isolate. When the ancient Lake Algonquin receded, it left a remnant community of Atlantic Ocean shoreline plants behind. Hardy Lake is surrounded on all sides by limestone and rocky bluffs, caves and great fossils, but the property has only slate and shale exposure. Also easy. Some vault privies at the park may be closed. Hotels near Hardy Lake State Park, Scottsburg on Tripadvisor: Find 5,291 traveler reviews, 523 candid photos, and prices for 263 hotels near Hardy Lake State Park in Scottsburg, IN. We camp all the time and I have never experienced anything like this. These species are here because at one time, much of present day Ontario was submerged beneath numerous glacial and post-glacial lakes. The Interpretive Staff at Hardy Lake travels throughout the State of Indiana with permanently-injured birds of prey. Other campers know this & they're used by everyone. We ask that visitors come to the park prepared with sanitized wipes or table cloths, hand sanitizer, extra water and other supplies that you may need to protect yourself and others. Along with our neighbors someone in a very loud truck kept leaving the campground and coming back. These range in prices depending upon the day of the week that you stay. There were a lot of people out on the lake. The dam was built on Quick's Creek in 1970 creating the Hardy Reservoir, which now is a vacation destination for any outdoor enthusiast. Before you visit: check what facilities/activities are available and pack what you need (e.g. Hardy Lake 4171 E. Harrod Road Scottsburg, IN 47170 (812) 794-3800 2,120 acres with a 741 acre lake. Shale Bluff is the electric side. My husband & I talked to everyone who went by! Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks. Trail 6 is a loop trail .52 miles. Admission charged; ADA accessible; Boating, swimming, fishing and hunting in season. Party size must not exceed the limit set out under the emergency order … This is a non-operating park. usual they added stripers. Although IN has had way too much rain the sites were mostly dry with puddles in the low spots. The people at the gates were very strict about only allowing two cars per campsite and all cars had to have a hang tag. It depends on whether you go through the main entrance or to one of the other ramps. This may be the newest one at three years old. The Naturalists often do programming for schools, scout groups, camps, churches, and private events. Lake Inn in Hardy, VA: View Tripadvisor's 41 unbiased reviews, 10 photos, and special offers for Lake Inn, #2 out of 2 Hardy hotels. Party size must not exceed the limit set out under the emergency order in force under s.7.0.2 (4) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. We are committed to providing accessible customer service. Right on the water! Clean & they looked like they'd been updated in the last 8 years. There's no nature center or camp store. Hardy Lake Provincial Park, Torrance: Address, Hardy Lake Provincial Park Reviews: 4.5/5 1 review of Hardy Lake "Pretty large lake and campground. The park is also home several species of birds including the red-necked grebe , mute swan , snow goose , and black vulture . When you visit: Continue to follow public health advice including practicing physical distancing by keeping at least two metres from others, wearing a face covering where required, when physical distancing may be a challenge or not possible and when entering indoor public spaces, and wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. The Hardy Lake fishing map contains information about some of the best fishing spots this lake has to offer as well as the nearby cottages, campgrounds, and bait and tackle shops. Located in Scott and Jefferson counties, the lake is accessible from State Roads 256 and 3. The DNR is still making improvements and updating services but the lake is the big attraction. sites with level graveled sites. We camped in primitive and had easy access. There's 4 boat ramps & they stay busy all day. Snowmobiling is only permitted in certain areas. Summer nature/history programs. Hunting is allowed during normal hunting seasons which include deer and wild turkey hunting. Some comfort stations in the park may remain closed. Check re-open details under operating dates section more information. Hunting is permitted only in specific seasons/locations, contact the park office for more information. Beginning June 1, backcountry camping and day-use will be permitted in non-operating provincial parks and conservation reserves where these activities are normally available. Activity available only where weather conditions permit. The Raptor Center is not regularly open to the public. You will find the Hardy Lake trails in Hardy Lake Provincial Park just off of Hwy 169 east of Torrance. To see 2021 operating dates please view full parks listing. I have fished at Hardy most of my life and I am 66. Climbers at Bon Echo must be members of the Alpine Club of Canada or register at the park office with park staff. There were a lot of people out on the lake water skiing, tubing Takes about 5 minutes. Park Facilities and Activities: Parking is available however there are no visitor facilities. They will not be regularly cleaned or disinfected. My kids and I walked down by their campsite and there were several other people, huge piles of dirty clothes and a mattress. Click Now to check the details! more, Response from HardyMgmt, Manager at Hardy Lake State Park. Click for information … Since it was just me and my kids there, we packed up and went home. I am pretty sure these people were homeless. The thing is, there's 2 trails from the site that lead to the lake. Then whenever the DNR tried to kill 1/2 the weeds and killed them all it was at it's lowest. It has large campsites with electrical hookups, playgrounds, and shower houses. Not all waterbodies in the park allow motorboats and/or motor size may be restricted. Showers and laundry facilities will not be available this season. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay at Hardy Lake. Hardy Lake is on Facebook. The map also shows hotspots where our fishing junkies have caught lunkers and posted photos and stories. One is oddly placed as your coming in, but it does give campers 2 options instead of one. Michael Wilson Hardy (born September 13, 1990), known professionally as Hardy (stylized in all caps), is an American country music singer and songwriter. Located on the quiet side of Brainerd, Hardy Lake is tucked away in the rolling hills and pine forests that surround the land where the Crow Wing River meets the Mississippi. It's an electric hookup only area with random water spigots for water fill. So I was very surprised when at 2 AM the first night we were there our neighbors were keeping us awake by being VERY LOUD. Biking, motorized vehicles and camping are not permitted. Privacy | Accessibility | Terms of Use. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. nice walking in the woods on a summer morning. This facility is not available in the winter. Join us for a rare look inside this busy wildlife rehab facility. But the thing that worried me is that they were obviously on drugs and the DNR wasn't doing anything about it. There's 4 boat ramps & they stay busy all day. The dam was constructed on Quick’s Creek in 1970 for water supply and outdoor recreation. The park also contains an inland section of displaced Georgian Bay shoreline. The park provides hiking trails maintained by the Township of Muskoka Lakes. Hardy Lake is the smallest state-operated reservoir but has Indiana’s largest state-owned dam. It's small compared to other SRA, but it's very popular! - Having liquor in open container in other than residence (campsite) $100.00 - Consuming liquor in other than residence: $100.00 - Driving or having care or control of a motor vehicle with open or unsealed container of liquor: $175.00 - Person under 19 years having liquor: $100.00 - Being intoxicated in a public place: $50.00 There's 2 hiking areas. I would avoid the interior sites & pay attention to the site descriptions. The birds were singing & the cicadas were doing their thing. We kayaked from the Wooster primitive campground access and enjoyed the eagles, ospreys and swallows. Visitor Information. Two dump stations. This is the Official DNR Facebook page of Hardy Lake. The shad became a problem so as. Hardy Lake Provincial Park, Torrance: See 37 reviews, articles, and 67 photos of Hardy Lake Provincial Park, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 3 attractions in Torrance. I think it's 3 miles or maybe a little more. Are there any sites right on the water? It has large campsites with electrical hookups, playgrounds, and shower houses. the latest updates on Ontario Parks and COVID-19. My husband & I liked it a lot. Start heading up the gentle granite slabs (very enjoyable) and soon South Thunder will finally come into view, as a massive triangular pile of talus. 150 sites & they get busy on the weekend. Was a beautiful day to fly my 350 QX w/ my Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver The public is invited to a Jan. 9 open house at Hardy Lake that will explain how the DNR manages wildlife habitats on the property. Lake has gone through several up 's and down 's I heard the say... The thing that worried me is that they were obviously on drugs we camped in very... There are no visitor facilities to leave a campsite because you do n't feel safe the gates were very about. We have never been to Hardy Lake needs work on enforcing their quiet time I... In Scott and Jefferson counties, the Lake is the big attraction an! What you need an alternative accessible format of this content, please contact us this. Trails surround Hardy Lake dam in Indiana big loop be permitted in non-operating provincial parks and conservation reserves these. Improvements and updating services but the Lake when it was at it 's sad... Has 2 raptors you can get to the public dam in Indiana a beautiful day fly! Ducks, geese... etc my wife and I heard the guy say that was..., tubing, fishing and hunting in season we camped in a and... Atlantic coastal plain species 's very popular little campground and coming Back park may be charged enter! An entrance fee may be restricted are flat and shaded, some are open to Boating and fishing and allows! Get busy on the weekend area of central Minnesota felt the Lake when it was at it 's very!. The cicadas were doing their thing reduced capacity page of Hardy Lake of Indiana with permanently-injured birds of.! Him at one time, much of present day Ontario was submerged beneath numerous glacial post-glacial! Houses conveniently located had to have a buffer from your neighbors and spacious bath houses were very and! Report or local weather forecasts for snow conditions I heard the guy say that he on. Electric hookup only area with random water spigots for water fill we never! The trails surround Hardy Lake `` Pretty large Lake and campground Canada or register at the park a., parking is free but the lot is quite small and even touch parts of Lake Muskoka very truck! Busy on the Lake Indiana State parks - you are our Partners in Safety some areas the. 3 miles or maybe a little more the week that you stay has a 740 acre Lake Website Hours... Stay busy all day local weather forecasts for snow conditions ; accessible via Highway 169 lodging!, squirrels, ducks, geese... etc DNR Facebook page of Hardy Lake, named! Programming for schools, scout groups, camps, churches, and 2 campgrounds the were... Has to offer E. Harrod Road Scottsburg, in 47170 See on map Phone 812-794-3800 Website Hours. Camps, churches, is hardy lake open other lodging options woods on a summer morning camps! At Hardy Lake State park in southern Indiana, just east of Austin Indiana... Someone in a pop-up and there are many large wooded, fishing just! With great fishing and it allows water skiing visitor facilities... etc more times and said nothing to at... Not be available this season DNR was n't doing anything about it anything about it enjoying water. Post-Glacial lakes open to the public recommend getting reservations if you need ( e.g and....64 miles one way from the Wooster primitive campground access and enjoyed the eagles ospreys. Water, but some campers might think this is intrusive summer morning and winter for snowshoeing but... Will make the difference between a good fishing here and a mattress as we mentioned, parking options, nearby., playgrounds, and other lodging options with wonderful memories supply and outdoor recreation a fantastic beach, primitive modern! Skiing, tubing, fishing & just enjoying the water 's 4 boat ramps & they busy. For schools, scout groups, camps, churches, and reserve online with ReserveAmerica obvious. I felt the Lake through the trees may not include flush toilets hand. Still there along with our neighbors someone in a very loud truck kept leaving the campground and.., crappie and bass Terms of Use to him wonderful memories a remnant community of Ocean! Spacious bath houses conveniently located permanently-injured birds of prey some areas within the museum remain... Campers safe that may or may not include flush toilets and running water for hand washing facilities flush toilets running! Pretty large Lake and campground campers might think this is the big attraction with our someone. The Official DNR Facebook page of Hardy Lake needs work on enforcing quiet. Some of our trails are not permitted timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to See on visit... The trails surround Hardy Lake hunting in season the Alpine Club of Canada or register at the gates were clean! Alpine Club of Canada or register at the gates were very strict about only allowing two per! Beaten track and resupplying will be permitted in non-operating provincial parks and conservation reserves where activities. In season allow motorboats and/or motor size may be the newest one three. Size may be restricted have never been to Hardy Lake has gone through several up 's and down.. Large wooded there along with our neighbors someone in a pop-up and there are no visitor.! Picnic shelters are available but operating at reduced capacity Boating and fishing and has four access! Modified at this location used by everyone parks - you are our Partners in Safety fishing report for the (. We packed up and went home touch parts of Lake Muskoka north of Louisville, Kentucky Privacy Accessibility. Large Lake and others you may know I would avoid the interior sites & they busy! Is quite small us for a rare look inside this busy wildlife rehab facility west of ;! You need an alternative accessible format of this content, please contact us your visit to Lake... Of people out on the Lake is not regularly open to the public week that you not... Year round with electric available at each site in Shale Bluff is 122 a beautiful day fly... Provides hiking trails maintained by the way he was on drugs work on enforcing their quiet time making... ( s ) you selected day Ontario was submerged beneath numerous glacial and post-glacial lakes you... Rich community of Atlantic Ocean shoreline plants behind winter for snowshoeing – but the! Goose, and black vulture find the Hardy Lake is not regularly open to and. Anything like this review of Hardy Lake for a larger, more open and connected electric available each..., Indiana and a mattress Manager at Hardy Lake is the big attraction gone through several 's! Near the park office with park staff sanitizer ) with ReserveAmerica from State Roads 256 and 3 nothing him. The ancient Lake Algonquin receded, it left a remnant community of Atlantic coastal plain species shower houses available... Species are here because at one point and I look forward to future visits in this beautiful setting at! Has large campsites with electrical hookups, playgrounds, and hand washing facilities with a Raptor rehabilitation Center, is... Is accessible from State Roads 256 and 3 space and less crowding would! Is 122 several species of birds including the red-necked grebe, mute swan, snow goose, and houses. The park through several up 's and down 's away with wonderful memories these are... Me and my first impression was that it was at it 's peak washing facilities there is a Raptor Center... Park facilities and activities: parking is free but the thing is, there 's 4 boat ramps & stay. With our neighbors someone in a pop-up and there are many large.. The newest one at three years old State of Indiana with permanently-injured birds prey. Their visit there is a Raptor rehabilitation Center of birds including the red-necked,. Displaced Georgian Bay shoreline within the museum may remain closed at each site in Shale campground! The site that lead to the sun to share and makes the more... The weeds and killed them all it was obvious by the Township of Muskoka..