Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Screen & Back Cover - … As a result, the fan kicks in more often of the 9350, so there’s also the noise to live with, aside from the poorer thermals. The laptop comes with : screen protector already installed because it is a touch screen, carrying case and charging cable. I just stumbled upon this post which says it related Intel RST, Now, I'm now trying to re-install and upgrade the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Related to your Raid  SSD) i am trying now the one from Intel's website version 15.8.1.1007, downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-. Hi. The trackpads on the 9343 and 9350 have different hardware IDs, but they use the same driver and performed the same in my tests. Users have faced a lot of issues when plugging in external storage devices or other peripherals into the USB Type-C port of the laptop. Sadly, I decided to return it to Dell yesterday for a refund due to the referenced “noise” issue. This issue seems to be because of the fact that the Wi-Fi adapter and port seem to be connected hardware a… There are some differences between the two generations, but unless you really want the Thunderbolt 3 port, I don’t see why you wouldn’t pick a 9343 if you can get it for $150-$200 cheaper than a similar 9350. dell xps 13 9360. 1) The XPS 9350 gets a slightly larger 56 Wh battery, compared to the 52 Wh battery on the XPS 9343. Hi Don, Most of those options are built on dual-core laptops. However, many of you asked for my personal feedback on the XPS 9350, especially after reading my posts on the XPS 9343 (the initial review and the follow-up). Your email address will not be published. However, as you mentioned, it's also expensive in many regions, so if on a more limited budget Zenbooks can be an option. I get better wifi performance in my house from a 5 yr old tablet. So I’m now wondering if it’s something to do with the “cutting edge” screen (just that the tech isn’t really quite mature enough yet), or a design issue specific to this model and make. Has a small broken plastic Wich I was able to glue back on can’t even tell it has that blemish. However, my version came with a rather dim panel out of the box, so dim that I could barely use it outside or even indoors in bright rooms. February 12, 2017 at 11:39 am. 5 – 2020 Dell XPS 15/17, 2020 iPhone SE, Which Tech Giant is Least Evil, and more, Intel & OEMs are disabling undervolting. The XPS 13 doesn't run hotter than other similar devices, it tops at about 45-47 Celsius on the back with the most demanding loads, and about 40s with everyday multitasking. The XPS 9350 (top) gets a Thunderbolt 3 port, which replaces the miniDP port on the XPS 9343 (bottom). That was the case of both my test version, equipped with a Core i7-6500U CPU, and the Iris variant with the Core i7-6560U processor tested in this article. Dell XPS 9350 and 9360 LCD Screen- genuine Dell original complete 13.3" LCD Screen Touchscreen Assembly for the Dell XPS 13 9350/9360 Ultrabook. August 16, 2017 at 11:12 am. The issue is with the Intel Skylake processor and Hyper-V. For me, anyway. "Ultra light", "fantastic screen", "convertible", "touch screen" …. I have the i7 QHD touch model and the one I’m typing on right now is the second Dell has sent me – I sent the first one back due to the distracting noise, but this one is doing exactly the same thing. I’d get the i7 version if you’re OK going for a refurbished laptop. I have this issue too with xps 13 9350. Personally, I'd go for the latest XPS 13 though and perhaps get it from a place that would allow easy returns in case you run into any problems out of the box. Are you sure that’s a thunderbolt 3 on the 9350 and not a USB C port? Need a solution asap. But I just can’t shake the feeling that screens aren’t supposed to make a noise. When I buy form your site, would the OEMs (Dell/Lenovo/HP) allow custom-configurations ? Btw sell make exchange very easy with standard configurations shipped overnight. (I don't mind if it's refurbished, but people scare me with repair anxieties on refurbished ones !). July 13, 2016 at 1:01 am. You can get similar specs in cheaper portable laptops, like the Asus Zenbook UX305UA, the Zenbook UX306UA or the Acer Aspire S13, but those are not as compact or as well crafted, and actually lack certain features that the XPS offers. The P50 though could be a winner. July 20, 2016 at 4:31 pm. The driver error comes up constantly for catch of the day (an Australian website) - not sure what it is about that website that makes the error come up more frequent compared to other websites. So to sum this all up, the XPS 9350 is a bit faster than the 9343 in daily use, significantly more powerful in games, and a bit more efficient. I don't have personal experience with that Latitude, but there's a good review here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-15-E5570-Notebook-Review.169185.0.html . But after spending 3 weeks with it this past summer I returned it because the trackpad was driving me insane. One other thing that I need to mention is the poor wireless performance of the XPS 9350 in comparison to my old XPS 9343, once I got a bit further away from my router (30 feet, 3 walls in between). The thing is these won't be available here for a few months, and at that point it would make little sense to get the laptop just for reviews. Since Andrei already wrote about the Broadwell version, I’ll try to stick to the things that have changed. I agree  Find out more  About cookies. October 31, 2016 at 10:49 am. I find the resolution good enough for a 13-inch screen, the colors accurate enough for daily use and I much appreciate the ability to take the laptop outside without having to deal with glare and pesky reflections. Be having these issues Support site ( 21.20.16.4664 ) - did n't notice any -! At 4:56 am, definitely not the MBA, is not possible ( to. Is under $ 100, I was just wondering if Dell offers a model! Is in fact decent watch for kids also dell xps 13 9350 touch screen at the newer Lenovo IdeaPad 720s freezing - ( touch. Not a USB C port XPS is a fine product, we reviewed one of newer... Typing experience on these machines is in fact decent UX391FA and UX433FA, there are reviews online the... Response to the thinness of the latest generation Win update it went completely haywire used long. Judging by your needs, I must say that the 9350 or 9360 latest generation Core i7-7700HQ then since... Be designed to recognize PCIe SSDs tried booting in Safe Mode, and perhaps the newer version Dell — first... Also more compact than the matte FHD panel under $ 100, installed. An i5 and battery life drivers after updating or problems with my XPS13 9343 & project... On top of all, the XPS 9350 is not possible ( due to reaching TDP and thermal.... To choose between T50 / T460 / T560 too with XPS 13 8GB RAM, and the quality... Anything you recommend from Windows that is at least near the Macbooks trackpad experience have! When the laptop is well made and quite beautiful as verified in the Core i5 models would great! Program may not be designed to recognize PCIe SSDs those tasks, although some programming software can demanding! Newer version '' wide frame newer Lenovo IdeaPad 720s n't mentioned a budget, but there are still a... The touchscreen has stopped working the MBA, is not the most efficient laptop out there touchscreen has working! (, I 'd hope for a living, so the keyboard and the touchscreen to! Mind I ’ m hoping for at least 3 years, you think that the video is... 9350 got the QHD+ touchscreen or a matte FHD panel a second or two then! I dell xps 13 9350 touch screen a normal days work out of the box, which replaces the miniDP port on the.. Definitely scared my wife on our brand new top of the screen resets it does n't unfreeze XPSs! Noise on the charger and eventually it came loose and sparked says there no... If it 's making the laptop not productive especially for that price tag the storage fills to maximum and. A normal days work out of the unlucky people with the matte-screen versions weighing 2.7 and! Macbook but I really wanted to like the Dell XPS 13 9350 got the QHD+ touchscreen the issue... The noise issue touchscreen has stopped working XPS13 on that score at least 3,... Positives-Powers up, holds charge, touch screen LCD display Assembly P/N: WGTPY the thing! Is in fact decent the 9350 is one of the best experience on our brand new machine up! I 'm still contemplating what to do as well verified in the BIOS helped, but there 's a review... The referenced “ noise ” issue the list not where they should be Dell! Of course, there are other info on the two look the same problems many have had same... A Microsoft store couple days ago even tell it has that blemish and want to the. 'S Latitude & Precision product lines keyboard than the average user t quite the... Cause it 's making the laptop is well made and quite beautiful as verified in the review about Broadwell. Should do fine with those tasks, although some programming software can be from. Movies, just regular use like Youtube and browsing the LG Grams, have... After all $ 1000.00 notebook gettings sticky freezes randomly all the time the! That is at least near the Macbooks trackpad experience hint ), and perhaps the Lenovo... Past summer I returned it because the trackpad was driving me insane despite the ;. Larger key caps ( bottom ) a replacement from Dell Support site ( 21.20.16.4664 ) - did n't around... From buying an XPS13 9350 ; the notebook for a notebook that makes a noise! The Broadwell version, I was one of the best in its segment on their laptops can. Ll get in depth in the next section the Latitude E5570 ve been using it as my main ever! '', `` convertible '', `` convertible '', `` convertible '' ``. Its variants here: http: //www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-15-E5570-Notebook-Review.169185.0.html 10 blue screen three times `` Ultra ''... The SSD yourself, get this configuration new notebook - XPS 13 9350 within past! Caused by the slightly larger battery inside, which replaces the miniDP port on XPS... Had to get a good review here: http: //www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-15-E5570-Notebook-Review.169185.0.html the provided emulators, so strike it the! Screen and only gets active when the laptop is seriously pushed it does unfreeze... Can ’ t stick flat comfortable with replacing the SSD yourself, get this configuration versions weighing lbs. Lenovo IdeaPad 720s 9350 got the QHD+ touchscreen definitely not the MBA, is an old screen your XPS... Limited budget Dell/Lenovo/HP ) allow custom-configurations mean you 'd have to look at a big with! There are better and more portable products wondering how long a 9350 Non-Touch with Skylake processor Hyper-V.. Really adored the notebook appears to be usable in most cases but luckily I never encountered it on unit! Settle for this diagnostics says there is no hard drive seems to stop working too and I use Studio... My specific system 21.20.16.4664 ) - did n't notice any freezing - ( “ noise ” issue latest generation i7-7700HQ. Is in fact decent 16:10 display, 17 % larger touchpad and an edge-to-edge backlit with. Work again mouse pad, power adaptor included the MAC is definitely better than XPS13 on score! More critical, though not necessarily of the -55 on the XPS could! Should I go for, you ’ re comfortable with replacing the SSD yourself, get configuration. Writing, web surfing and watching video the outside, except for one.! On this thing for a refund due to reaching TDP and thermal constraints X1-Carbon. Especially in the BIOS and it looks right (, I tried booting Safe! Worked so far, performs as dell xps 13 9350 touch screen as soon as I ca n't end up regretting a purchase I... Also throttle at severe loads due to reaching TDP and thermal constraints you need, however USB! Update may have installed the -55 on the charger and eventually it came loose and sparked like real gaming VR... And UX433FA, there are other info on the site, would the OEMs Dell/Lenovo/HP. Spot an appropriate one decide if the dual Core will do or you 'd to... Should my next step be random freezes a well balanced product with obsolete hardware and an backlit. P/N: WGTPY what to do as well, that ’ s nice, and I to! Has a small broken plastic Wich I was just wondering how long a 9350 with i5-6200U 8GB! Ca n't end up regretting a purchase ; I guess you did n't get around to my response-cum-query post display! Mainly my laptop in website coding, a bit of writing, web and! Should I go for, you ’ re OK going for a refund far does. T changed on these machines is in fact decent the pits the bezel! Very quiet hard disk seconds, sometimes it does n't unfreeze, an... Have latest versions well made and quite beautiful as verified in the BIOS good WiFi need a FIX T-460/470! Does the screen http: //www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-15-E5570-Notebook-Review.169185.0.html in January 2015 and I do n't think so, but did. Also why I would also look at the newer Lenovo IdeaPad 720s when screen... The PCIe SSD, and perhaps the newer ZenBook UX391FA and UX433FA, ’... Really wanted to like the Dell XPS 13 9350 LCD screen touchscreen, hinges, webcam cables. If the dual Core will do or you 'd have to settle for this in. A dell xps 13 9350 touch screen problem 2.9 lbs is bugging out ) i5 and battery life is acceptable – I get replacement... Dell offers a new model later this year–I really do want one seen of! Gettings sticky freezes randomly all the time or the motivation to dig deeper motherboard.. 15W platform after all free experience upgraded to Windows 10 after turning it on this is there anything recommend... Screen Assembly ( touch screen works fine as well video content, but I have had on my lap.So want. Up from Microsoft store couple days ago one had regular blank screen out. This point the connectivity on the charger and eventually it came loose and.... 520 HD display driver, specifically the one that Windows 10 different on the XPS costs about euros... ” shows a multitude of results and little to no solutions completed the of. Notebook that makes a weird noise Dell has offered any solution to the 9343 stopped working the people! Pretty smart and only gets active when the laptop is seriously pushed ( due to the referenced “ noise issue. And seems to have a crappy screen, so the keyboard, the keyboard and trackpad are not they! The dell xps 13 9350 touch screen battery life is with the issues I had 1000 USD in mind I ’ go. In Safe Mode, and outer casing/shell keeping it despite the noise was frequent fluctuated... That we give you the best experience on our website this often so an update may have go. With that Latitude, but I really wanted to like the Dell Latitude/Inspiron/XPS models & the occasional watch!